Sunday 18 March 2012

Birthday collection

Decided the other day to try and get ahead (unlike me) and sort  out my sisters card and present for her forthcoming birthday.  I Wanted to do something a little off key to my normal makes so decided to make a bracelet, gift bag and card with envelope as a set.


I don't normally make such small cards but decided I would on this occasion as it was to be part of a set.


Lori Whitaker gift bag


Cute Tag card
Bracelet
My card has been made using a 5 inch square white card blank, I used an ornate silhouette cut as the backing plate and cut a slightly smaller square in a contrasting colour. I then used a slightly smaller square of a subtle coloured backing paper as the last layer.  I cut two triangles, one the same colour as the middle piece of my matting and layering and one slightly smaller in a contrasting backing paper. I mounted the triangles once pieced together using double sided tape along the two outside edges.  Using my silhouette I cut some leaves varying in sizes and shape and coloured them in using promarkers.  I then placed some paper roses on the leaves.  Next I cut a 3 inch scallop circle and placed a 2.75 inch circle of white cardstock on top which I used to stamp my image on.  I coloured my image using promarkers and punched a hole in the top and threaded a nice piece of ribbon through and tied a bow.  I placed this tag into the triangular pocket on the front of the card.  Card done !!  Next I found myself a lovely little intricate lace envelope type thingy and cut this to fit my card.  I cut the envelope in dark shimmery brown paper and laced it with cream 5mm ribbon.  Unfortunately I did not photograph the envelope :-(


So onto my sisters gift... I sat here the other morning and realized I hadn't made any jewellery for some time.  So I made myself a nice little bracelet in gold and turquoise and after decided that my sister would perhaps like a silver one.  I think the photo is self explanatory so I won't bore you with my ingredients and method.


So onto the gift bag  ... I once again used one on my favourite silhouette cuts from the amazing Lori Whitaker.  If you haven't checked Lori out, then you really should.


When you open the bag the inside has been designed to lift up when the flap is opened.  I think this is a real cute little gift set and I hope my sister adores it as much as I adored making it. 

No comments: